To Our Valued Aetna Healthcare Patients:
At ATX Orthopedics we pride ourselves on providing personalized, value-based care of the highest quality for each and every patient. However, we have been faced with difﬁcult business decisions regarding our participation in the Aetna network. It has become increasingly difﬁcult to remain in a relationship with an insurance company that does not compensate physicians at a reasonable rate. Since we started ATX Orthopedics in the summer of 2016, Aetna has been reimbursing us significantly below market range and we can no longer provide services below our costs. After considerable deliberation, we have decided to terminate our contract with Aetna effective July 31, 2018.
As physicians, our ﬁrst responsibility is to our patients and that relationship is the premise by which we operate. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of care to you and your family regardless of the insurance company your employer has selected.
If you want to discuss this with your employer or with Aetna directly, we suggest the following:
- Contact your Employee Beneﬁt Department or Human Resource Department and ask that they contact their Aetna Representative and request that ATX Orthopedics remain as a network provider for Aetna.
- Submit a written request to Aetna Customer Service or contact Aetna (the number may be located on the back of your Aetna identiﬁcation card) and express your desire for us to remain as network providers.
- lf you have coverage with Aetna PPO or POS plans, we will be happy to continue to provide services to you. However, after July 31, 2018, our service may only be covered by your out-of-network beneﬁts.
- If you decide to switch to a new insurance provider during the upcoming open enrollment period, we remain in-network with every other major carrier including but not limited to:
- Scott and White
- Many other – please visit our website for more information
We appreciate the trust you have placed in ATX Orthopedics by selecting us to care for you. If we can answer any of your questions, or provide you with a list of insurance plans we accept, please feel free to contact our ofﬁce.
Dr. Sean Gallagher and Dr. Benjamin Amis