Minimally Invasive Carpal Tunnel Surgery in Austin, TX
What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Affecting more than 12 million people, CTS can cause pain, numbness, and tingling in the hand and arm. It occurs when the median nerve, one of the major nerves in the hand, is compressed as it travels through the carpal tunnel in the wrist.
Traditional Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery
CTS may be treated surgically through a procedure called carpal tunnel release (CTR), which relieves pressure on the median nerve by cutting the transverse carpal ligament. Traditional CTR procedures can remedy the condition but may result in large and sometimes painful scars, ongoing palmar pain, and a long road to recovery.
A New Way to Treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for Faster Recovery
Now there’s a proven way to get rapid relief from carpal tunnel pain and return quickly to normal activities.
Micro-invasive Carpal Tunnel Release (CTR) with the SX-One MicroKnife®
The SX-One MicroKnife® is a low-profile, safe, and effective instrument that allows your doctor to perform carpal tunnel release in a matter of minutes. When combined with ultrasound visualization, the procedure requires only a very small (4-5 mm) wrist incision.
Significant benefits of the SX-One MicroKnife®
- Performed in a procedure room or office setting
- Can be performed using local anesthesia
- Small wrist incision is typically closed without sutures
- Reduces or eliminates the need for opioids
- Postoperative therapy is typically not required—saving you time and money
- Immediate motion in the hand for rapid recovery
- Return to normal activity in a few days, not months